Located in the heart of rolling hills and open spaces, Wishek provides a great place to visit, work and live!
You will find Wishek to be a place where friendly smiles greet you. A stable business community offers several amenities; and when the workday is done, social, civic and recreational opportunities abound!
We offer a way of life that cannot be found anywhere else. Here in Wishek, small town family values meet big city technology and business. Join us for a visit, do business with us, or even come to stay. Just one experience will have you saying, "Why Wishek? Why Not!"
Wishek offers incredible hunting, birding and recreational activities. We pride ourselves on our small town hospitality. Whether you are looking for the big buck or casing your line in one of our several nearby lakes, we offer a little something for everyone.
Visiting a community where a simple conversation can reveal the proud German Russian heritage that built our wonderful state...where the beautiful rolling prairies surround you in all directions, and where you are among friendly folks who are glad you came!
of living in a progressive, economically stable and thriving city where homes are affordable, your children will receive a quality education and your family can live peacefully and safely. Your medical needs, from a simple clinic visit to housing for the elderly, are met by professional staff at our beautiful hospital and nursing home institutions. Play with your children in the park...or enjoy a leisurely stroll around our clean, quiet community on a warm, breezy summer evening where friends wave and smile back.
Wishek proudly boasts a stable, well rounded local economy that is strongly supported by a large customer base. If you long to start or expand a business, our community has economic development groups waiting to meet and visit with you. Residential and commercial real estate is available at affordable prices. Employment opportunities exist in a variety of fields.
Wishek, in south-central North Dakota, has become well known to sportsmen who come to test their skills against deer, ducks, geese, fish and upland game. This area of North Dakota is in the Central Flyway, which courses through the Upper Midwest attracting almost 400 species of birds. If you are a hunter, a fisherman, a birder, or simply enjoy the clean air and natural beauty that engulfs you here, you owe yourself and your family a trip to Wishek...to McIntosh County...to the beauty of south-central North Dakota.
Wishek's unique Germans from Russia heritage provides many opportunities to discover a new way of life. Join us in celebrating our heritage during our annual festival Sauerkraut Day, held the second Wednesday in October. Learn more about Wishek's famous sons and about the History of the Wishek Civic Center.
You can learn more about the rich German Russian Heritage in the Spirit of Wishek Golden Jubilee: 1898 - 1948
Wishek is famous for its sausage too! Read more in The Forum of Fargo Moorhead article.
There are several family owned hunting friendly lodging options available. For more information on businesses offering lodging in the Wishek area, visit our business directory here: Lodging around Wishek.
Welcome to the official Wishek website
Please keep your comments clean and appropriate. Inappropriate comments are subject to deletion by the administrators of this account. If you don't comply with the posting guidelines, an administrator will contact you and your message will be removed. If you post inappropriate content a second time, an administrator will contact you and you will be blocked from posting any more information to the site.
This forum is not monitored at all times. Do NOT use this forum to report emergency situations or time-sensitive issues. If you post inappropriate content a second time, an administrator will contact you and you will be blocked from posting any more information to the site.
We do not allow:
• Posts that encourage breaking any law or encourage a breach of the peace, or public order.
• Graphic, obscene or explicit comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization or comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
• Content posted by persons whose profile picture or avatar, username or e-mail address contains any of the aforementioned prohibited conduct will not be tolerated.
• Content should be related to the subject matter of the social media site where it is posted.
• We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any person or financial, commercial or governmental agency.
• We do not allow content posted in violation of NDCC Chapter 16.1-10-02, which prohibits the use of state or political subdivision services or property for political purposes.
• We do not allow information intended to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
• You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
• Content that reveals personal, medical or financial information of any individual that is not otherwise part of the public record.
• All comments are subject to the open records law.
• The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of Wishek JDA